Writing Tips with Minolta
by Minolta C. White
There you are writing your heart out. The story is flowing and you have the feeling of accomplishment. Then suddenly you run into a wall. You want to overcome it, but you can't and suddenly you're faced with the dreaded writers block. Writer's block is pretty for alot of writers, however getting over the hump is an obstacle in it self. Here are a few of my favorite tips for beating writers block.
1. Get out of the house- writers are often confined to a desk, chair, computer, and a quiet space in there home. The life of a writer is one mostly spent in solitary. Get out of the house and enjoy yourself for a couple of hours. Take your mind away from work and do something you love. It never hurts to get a mani/pedi for an hour.
2. Play music- Nothing takes me away like the smooth sounds of Kem or the upbeat tempo of Beyonce. Music is a spiritual journey that causes a reaction mentally and physically. Play your favorite song and watch what happens.
3. Take a mini- vacay from your project- Odds are you've spent hours on your computer trying to finish your novel. Good for you. Your mind needs to relax. Take a mini vacay around your block and allow your mind to escape reality. Doing so will get your creative juices flowing.
4.Have sex- At the end of the day we all need human contact. What's more special than sex with the one you love? You'll feel more relaxed and rejuvenated to finish that steamy sex scene.
5. Eat some chocolate- Chocolate makes me happy all the time. Whether you're happy or sad eat just a small piece and take your mouth on a ride of a lifetime. When you smile on the inside you feel confident enough to tackle any challenge.
6. Start over- When all else fails it never hurts to start over. When you take a step back and realize the story is not going where you want too, no one's going to fault you. You want to put your best foot forward and starting over just might give you your best work.
At the end of the day, you're a writer not a scientist. You're allowed to make a mistake. Many people can't sit still long enough to start a book or finish it., so you've accomplished a goal already. This is your journey enjoy it and allow the experience to allow you to grow.
Please join me at whiteminolta.blogspot.com